Our Food Menu
At Stepping Stones we believe it is essential to provide children with positive healthy eating experiences and we encourage children to look at the long-term effects of a healthy and balanced diet. We will always respect the different dietary, cultural and health needs of all our children.
All the children in the Nursery will have suitable and adequate food made available to them regardless of their age, religion and/or special requirements. Food prepared fresh on site by our cook for the children will comply with the following principles:
- Food will be eaten on the same day it is cooked
- Children will be provided with fresh fruit and vegetables each day
- Breakfast is offered at Nursery, children can choose from a range of low sugar cereals, toast, croissants and fresh fruit.
- Fresh drinking water and/or juice with suitable cups will be readily available for children at all times
- We offer a weaning menu for babies if required
- All dairy products are full fat
- We sit with children at their table and encourage them to talk and listen to each other, learning to respect each other’s views and opinions, likes and dislikes, etc.
Please find below a couple of example menus from our nurseries: